Monday, September 29, 2008

THE CLASS

Feeling sleepy here in the class,
Wondering to myself how an hour will pass.
Can not understand what Sir does teach
Thinking of the time when my room I will reach.

This is the class of the throat, nose, and ear,
But the constant drone i can not seem to bear.
Penicillin, erythomycin- now tell me what are they?
Someone please tell me! Some one please say.

“Rhinitis”: a word I just have heard.
Though I had been to the ward.
Lectures are a bore, i can not but say.
We will escape from this torture some sunny day.

There is still half an hour to go
And i am feeling so down and low.
My gut is calling out in its desire:
My hunger is burning like a forest fire!

Can not sit straight and nicely listen,
Though I know it is nothing decent.
He is talking about some electrodes and current;
The uses of which, I know I can not warrant

“Cryosurgery” is a new word is a new word to my mind.
What is it, I will have to look up and find.
Something to do with ice, he tells
But all I can hear are my wedding bells.

The girls are filling their copies with notes
Please tell me what they have wrote.
I can hear him talking about some “allergy” thing.
This word, to my ears, has a familiar ring.

The boy near me is in his dreams-
Is he dreaming of peaches and cream?
I will have to ask him when he wakes.
I will have to know, whatever it takes.

Another new word, some “dirty crust”,
If this continues, my head will burst.
I sure will be glad when this will be over:
Getting out of here, I will scamper for cover.

The greatest hope, my dear friend,
Is that this class will come to an end.
But we can not help following this stupid trend,
If, on our feet, we are to stand!

No comments: